The 2017 STEM Day at the Fair is scheduled for Sunday, August 20, 2017.
For this family-friendly event, we fill the State Fair’s Grand Concourse with opportunities to learn about how STEM touches our lives daily and to experience hands-on activities from more than 25 organizations across the state.
The Iowa STEM booth in front of the Service Center will hand out FREE drawstring backpacks and collect your "STEM Day at the Fair Checklist" to win cool prizes. Once you've got hands-on with STEM, take a seat and enjoy a STEM stage performance. One will happen every hour on the new STEM Stage located with the exhibits on the Grand Concourse.
The festivities last from 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. with admission tickets to the State Fair discounted at:
- $6 for adults ages 12+
- $3 for children ages 6-11
- Free for children under age 5
2017 Exhibitors and Stage Acts will be added closer to the time of the event. If you are interested in being an exhibitor or doing a stage act, please email Angel Mendez at Mendez@IowaSTEM.gov.
LAST YEAR'S Exhibitors:
- Ace Mentor Program of Central Iowa
- Des Moines Area Community College
- Drake University
- FIRST (FLL, Jr., FLL, FTC and FRC)
- Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa
- Grant Wood Area Education Agency
- Grout Museum District
- IEEE Central Iowa Section
- Iowa Agriculture Literacy Foundation
- Iowa Center for Nursing/Indian Hills Health Sciences Simulation Lab
- Iowa Public Television
- Iowa State University Engineering and Community Outreach
- John Deere
- Kemin Industries
- Lincoln Intermediate School
- Million Women Mentors Iowa
- Noodles and Company
- Program for Women in Science and Engineering
- Project Lead The Way
- Science Center of Iowa
- St. Ambrose University
- University of Iowa SySTEMs of Discovery
- University for Northern Iowa STEM
- Vermeer Corporation
- Future Ready Iowa/Elevate Iowa
LAST YEAR'S Stage Acts
- 10:00 a.m. — Blank Park Zoo
- 11:00 a.m. — Grout Museum District
- 12:00 p.m. — Science Center of Iowa
- 1:00 p.m. — Launching the I.O.W.A. STEM Teacher Award: Lt. Governor Kim Reynolds and STEM Council member and 2015 I.O.W.A. STEM Teacher Award recipient Kacia Cain
- 2:00 p.m. — FIRST Robotics: Team Neutrino
- 3:00 p.m. — ISU Professor Steve Butler: Teaching Mathematics with Juggling
To see more about the event, check out our 2016 event report.
For more information on the Iowa State Fair, visit http://www.iowastatefair.org/.