Season 2 of the STEM Essential podcast is under way focusing on STEM Jobs of the Future. This series covers the current state of STEM jobs, the outlook for STEM jobs, the talent needed to fill them and the strategies for meeting the demand for STEM jobs in Iowa. STEM Council Executive Director Jeff Weld is back hosting conversations and addressing these topics with Iowa experts.
Guests of the five-episode series include:
- Beth Townsend, Director of Iowa Workforce Development (now posted)
- Mark Nook, President of the University of Northern Iowa (now posted)
- Louis Moreno, student at Drake University and Program Graduate of the Ruan Information Technology Apprenticeships Program (available first week of Nov.)
- Dave Zrostlik, President of Stellar Industries (available second week of Nov.)
- Gabe Glynn, CEO and Co-Founder of MkuSafe (available third week of Nov.)
In the first episode of Season 2, Iowa Workforce Director Beth Townsend shared, “STEM is not just the future. It’s here. It’s going to become even more important as we move forward. Certainly the pandemic, I think, has accelerated the need for STEM education in our K-12 system, but also in post-secondary career paths.”
Season 2 of the STEM Essential podcast is sponsored by Principal Foundation, a proud partner of the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council.
To listen to Seasons 1 and 2 of the STEM Essential podcast, visit iowastem.gov/podcast. New episodes will be available weekly through November 16. Podcast episodes are also available on Spotify or Apple Podcasts.