Southeast Iowa STEM Region
The Southeast Iowa STEM Region is a collaborative effort with a partnership with The University of Iowa and Kirkwood Community College. The Southeast Region is able to use the strengths from both institutions to help expand STEM into the communities served in Southeast Iowa.
University of Iowa
The Regional Manager, Kristine Bullock, The University of Iowa, Kirkwood Community College and the Southeast Iowa’s Advisory Board collaborate to identify, grow and create STEM programs that strengthen the Southeast STEM region.
Southeast Iowa’s Advisory Board Members:
- Mr. Patrick Barnes, Bettendorf
- Ms. Ellen Bluth, Bettendorf
- Ms. Elizabeth Buch, Cedar Rapids
- Mr. Daniel Dalessandro, Le Claire
- Mr. Dwight Dohlman, Ottumwa
- Ms. Adriana Johnson, Cedar Rapids
- Mr. John Maxwell, Donahue
- Ms. Dana Millard, Keokuk
- Ms. Kathryn Moreland, Iowa City
- Mr. Corey Rogers, Iowa City
- Ms. Jenna Stevens, Preston
- Ms. Emily Strattan, Coralville
- Ms. Beth Ullmark, Davenport
- Ms. Trina Weiland, Cedar Rapids
- Ms. Linda Zachar, Cedar Rapids
About Kristine Bullock, M.S.Ed.
Kristine Bullock is the Southeast Regional STEM Manager for the Governor’s STEM Advisory Council and located at the University of Iowa and Kirkwood Community College. Her role is to develop, promote, implement and maintain a seamless collaboration between the other STEM regions, K through 12 teachers and administrators, post-secondary institutions, and business and industry leaders so that there is an open and continuous sharing of resources and opportunities that further the goals of the STEM Council. Kristine earned her BSE in biomedical engineering from the University of Iowa and her M.S. in curriculum and instruction from Christian Brother’s University in Memphis, Tennessee. Her previous experience in engineering and as a Teach For America Corps member in Memphis has given her extensive experience in K–12 STEM education.