For fiscal year 2020 (July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020) a $300,000 pool of funds are available specifically to scale mathematics education program(s) proven to increase interest and achievement among preK-12 students across Iowa. The following detail outlines the timeline for this special award cycle along with the guidelines for proposers.
This is a special invitation of an established initiative of the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council called STEM Scale-Up Program. It is a shortened timeframe necessitated by the additional investment late in the legislative session. Given this special circumstance, five advisories are provided to prospective proposers:
- Programs that augment and support elementary or secondary mathematics education in formal and informal settings may fare more successfully than curriculum or courses requiring significant adaptation of already-determined 2019-2020 academic year activities.
- An emphasis toward the goal of increased interest, which begets achievement, is likely more realistic given the timeframe of implementation.
- Proposed programs targeting any grade levels preK-12 are welcome. One or more program(s) may be selected for scaling.
- Proposers who compete for this special, immediate, and mathematics-specific cycle of the STEM Scale-Up Program are eligible and invited to propose programs for the standard FY2021 STEM Scale-Up Program cycle as well. The request for proposals for that round opens in September 2019.
- Selected program(s) will be presented to Iowa educators as cost-free option(s) to implement from November 1, 2019 to May 31, 2020, paid for by the STEM Council. Total funds to program provider will depend on number of educators who opt to try the selected program(s).
Click to Download: Scale-Up Mathematics Application
- Application Instructions:
- Click link above to download application.
- Click "Save as" and name file with customized program name.
- Please note word limitations throughout application. Responses exceeding word limitations may be negatively impacted in reviewer ratings.
- To submit application, email file to info@IowaSTEM.gov.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact: info@IowaSTEM.gov
- RFP period: 6 weeks (June 3 – July 15)
- Review period: 5 weeks (July 16 – August 16)
- Program Proposers notified: on or about August 16
- Educator application preparation period: 1 week (Aug. 16 – Aug. 26)
- Educator application period: 5 weeks (Aug. 27 – Oct. 1)
- Review period: 3 weeks (Oct. 1 – Oct. 22)
- Awardees notified: Oct. 31
- Expenditure Period: 6 months (Nov. 1 – Apr. 30)
- Implementation: 7 months (Nov. 1 – May 31)