You’ve heard STEM education is essential, but have you ever thought about why? The STEM Council is launching its first ever podcast series, called STEM Essential. This five-part podcast series addresses edu-nomic innovation - where education and economic development merge to improve lives and communities.
The podcasts feature Iowa experts sharing insights about the impact of STEM education on Iowa’s students now and what strong STEM education will mean for their futures, with host Jeff Weld, STEM Council Executive Director.
Podcast guests for the five-episode pilot:
- Dr. Aris Winger, co-founder and CEO of Mathematics Enrichment for Diversity and Learning (MEDAL) on Equity in STEM.
- Kathryn Kunert, vice president of economic connections and integration for MidAmerican Energy on K-12 as Workforce Development.
- Dr. Mark Putnam, President of Central College on Higher Education STEM.
- Emily Wilkerson, chemical engineering undergraduate at Iowa State University on pursuing a STEM career.
- State Senator Chris Cournoyer on Legislating STEM.
The podcast is co-sponsored by Collins Aerospace and MidAmerican Energy, proud partners of the Iowa STEM Council.
To listen, visit iowastem.gov/podcast. New episodes will be available weekly through June.